What is the IVA test?

March 21, 2020 in faq

The IVA test in the United Kingdom stands for – Individual Vehicle Approval. Its a test used for vehicles to ensure they comply with UK regulations.

If your vehicle is not being registered using something like a Certificate of Conformity and its under ten years old then the chances are you will need an IVA test to prove the vehicle is compliant in the UK.

For more information on whether or not your vehicle will require an IVA test don’t hesitate to get in touch for a quotation to import your car to the United Kingdom.

Can you IVA test my vehicle?

March 20, 2020 in faq

If you have modified a vehicle yourself and would like us to do an IVA test we can schedule you into our private IVA test lane if there is the availability to do so. If your vehicle fails the IVA test we can also perform the required modifications for your vehicle to pass.

Can you ship my car?

March 20, 2020 in faq

We offer a door to door registration service which means we take care of the entire process of importing your vehicle into the United Kingdom.

Your vehicle can be collected from anywhere and exported. The shipping process is handled by ourselves including the customs clearance once in the United Kingdom. Onwards delivery to you or delivery to our premises for assistance with the modifications and registration is also possible.

Don’t hesitate to get in touch so we can understand more about your vehicle import.

Can you help with the NOVA for my vehicle?

March 20, 2020 in faq

As part of our process of importing a vehicle if we are managing the shipping element we will complete this on your behalf. However, if you shipped the vehicle yourself we are still happy to help with completing your NOVA.

It needs to be completed before your vehicle can be registered in the UK and you can be fined for not completing it within 14 days of the vehicle arriving in the United Kingdom so please bear that in mind.

Can you help with IVA test preparation for vehicles already in the United Kingdom?

March 20, 2020 in faq

If you have shipped a vehicle yourself and would like a company to take over with the IVA conversion don’t hesitate to ask for a quote. Not every vehicle we help to register has been managed by us from start to finish.

Vehicles that need test preparation can be modified onsite and tested on site. We’re the only privately owned IVA test lane and are more than happy to assist in providing this service to the public.

We have worked with supercars to superminis and we can provide an accurate quote for any make or model of vehicle. Just let us know the details and we’ll give you a price to get it registered – simple.

Do you need marine insurance?

March 20, 2020 in faq

Any vehicle that we are shipping will have a breakdown of the quote, and on that quote, you’ll see marine insurance.

It covers your vehicle during the overseas portion of your car or motorbikes journey to the UK. The port unloading and loading is also covered.

If you would like a copy of our marine insurance don’t hesitate to get in touch for more information.

How much does it cost to ship a vehicle?

March 20, 2020 in faq

That depends on the size of the vehicle and the type of container used. Often vehicles are grouped into shipments in a 40ft container to save you money. Shipping prices change regularly and we quote our customers based on the most up to date prices which can often save you money.

Shipping is also grouped with our other customers to enable you to save even more.

What is the SVA test?

March 20, 2020 in faq

The IVA test was formally known as the SVA test. It was replaced with the IVA test for a number of reasons but in short, its the approval scheme for showing a vehicle is compliant. Basically, does it meet the regulations that the United Kingdom has outlined for vehicles to be legally driven on the road.

What cars are exempt from needing an MOT?

March 20, 2020 in faq

With the growing classic market, there are more and more cars that don’t need an MOT in the United Kingdom to be legally driven on the road. Although you will still want to ensure they are at least compliant in regards to the laws outlined for road safety – if it’s over 40 years old you won’t need an MOT.

However, we recommend that the vehicle is roadworthy and still taken to a garage regularly just in case as you could get a fine for driving an unsafe vehicle if you cannot prove that the vehicle has been ‘maintained’.

Do you import motorbikes to the UK?

March 20, 2020 in faq

Absolutely, we import quite a few motorbikes to the United Kingdom. Ranging from superbikes to supermotos.

It’s recommended choosing a company to handle your motorbike import, and we don’t say that because we are an import company.

The issue with bikes is that they will need to be stored safely somewhere during the registration process. Depending on the age your motorbike will also need to be taken for an MSVA.

We work with a plethora of experts to make sure logistically your motorbike registration is as fast as possible.

Working quite closely with dealerships we can also assist in getting most motorbikes in for any remedial work at an authorised dealership in the United Kingdom if the bike is deemed to be ‘unsafe’.

The main advantage though is the safety of your bike which can be tricky to insure without registration but at all times we store motorbikes indoors at a gated secure facility.

As a business, we have the flexibility to offer you a shipping service that can ship your motorbike either crated or uncrated to the United Kingdom.

Don’t hesitate to get in touch with the details about your bike and any modifications that have been done to the motorbike. This includes mirrors, lighting, taillight cluster modifications, and of course, those debaffled exhausts

We take care of everything and you simply need to come to get the bike or accept delivery of it at the end of the registration process.